Sunday, May 6, 2012

Actron CP9125 PocketScan Great Product.

Actron CP9125 PocketScan Great Product.
I ordered this code reader about a week ago with free shipping. TOTALLY WORTH IT! I received it today and i went straight to work. No batteries necessary. Just briefly read the four or five step manual on using it to either scan, or scan and erase. Instructions are very clear and concise. Simply plug it in, press a button and get your code(s). I had my engine light on and it ran 4 codes when i plugged it in. I wrote them down and with the included hard copy I referenced the codes that i got. My MAF, TPS, and air temp sensor were all throwing codes. I understand this b/c i am currently working on a new cold air intake. What I didn't know however was that i was miss-firing every so often in my fifth cylinder. The code read a number and the title of the code was literally "Cylinder 5 miss-fire." I will change the wires and plug tomorrow afternoon. I am seriously satisfied with this product and the convenience it has introduced to me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE with a car made after 1996. Home mechanic or not it's good to know whats wrong with your car BEFORE being bent over my a real mechanic who is going to charge you an arm and a leg for checking everything. Know what the problem is before u get there and save yourself the money/trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment