Monday, April 9, 2012

Actron CP9125 Works Great!

Actron CP9125 Works Great!
Product works just as advertised. It helped me find the problem with my automobile and allow me to fix & verify the fix myself without incurring expensive mechanics shop time. I did not use the CD, because I already had the Shop Manual for my car which included the error & status code lists.

Remember to follow the instructions...Turn Key OFF, Connect the code reader, Turn key ON to read codes. Turn key OFF before disconnecting code reader.

Problem found and fixed included bad #1 O-2 sensor and leaking EGR valve. Sensor was replaced ($16.95 via on-line ordering). The EGR valve was cleaned & re-installed. The EGR valve was causing abnormally high idle speed, and the bad sensor was allowing the computer to mal-adjust fuel mixtures versus ignition timing.

These repairs allowed me to get back to 37 MPG (highway) with my Saturn. Typical of GM to discontinue producing one of the few cars that will actually get very good mileage. Must be an Obama thing...if it works, 'change' it! He said he wanted 'change'...I just didn't realize that he wanted 'my change'!

No comments:

Post a Comment