Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Actron CP9125

I had just spent a grueling couple of cycles with mechanic shops trying to get my car smog tested for registration.
The smog shop just told me that I didn't pass, and without anything more than a cryptic bit of description, took my $25.
I then went to a service shop where I waited for nearly two hours for them to perform the diagnostic, toss in a cryptic bit of description, assure me that I was fine and collect $50.
Wash, rinse and repeat.
Frustrated, and having spent $150 already and gotten nowhere and knowing nothing, I went online and did a bit of research and chose to purchase the Actron CP9125 PocketScan Code Reader. It arrive a couple of days later and within minutes of opening it I was able to read my engine codes, reset them and find out which ones were actual problems.
Now I can go into my mechanic armed with the information I need to finally get things taken care of. I highly recommend this piece of equipment for its ease of use, accuracy and price.

No comments:

Post a Comment